Hi everyone. I’d like to share with you two very useful indicators that show you the upcoming forex news releases. One is called FFCal and the other Plot News (version 3.0 – last and final release).
Install instructions for Plot News:
1. Download and unzip the News v303.ZIP file into your MT4 folder, unzipping the files within to the relevant sub-folders, and overwriting any existing files of the same name.
2. Restart MT4.
3. Run the Calc Timeshifts.EX4 script if you wish to have the time offsets calculated automatically for you.
For further instructions, additional information, screenshots, release history, etc, please read the ‘Operating instructions’ document (it’s in the ZIP file).
OR you can run the automated install program located in the NewsSetupv310.zip file.
Install instructions for FFCal:
Copy the FFCal.mq4 file into your MetaTrader 4 “indicators” directory, restart MT4, attach it to the chart.
In order to use it, you need to turn on DLL Imports in your Metatrader platform options, because it calls a DLL to get your timezone, as well as another to read the ForexFactory web page to get news information. (Be aware it will write out .XML files to your expert/files folder).
This is how one of these forex news calendar indicators looks like when attached to your MT4 chart:
You can find them both over at the Forex Nirvana forum:
P.S. You have to register for the forum in order to download the files attached to that forum post.
- How to disable ‘Auto-Update’ in MT4
- Free forex news calendar software
- How to Achieve 90% Modeling Quality When Testing Expert Advisors
- Running MetaTrader 4 (MT4) on Mac OS X
- MT4 Indicators Encyclopedia